Hello, it's nice to meet you!
Thank you for trusting your intuition, and seeing the beauty in what we create. Thank you for welcoming us into your daily rituals.
- Reyna (founder of KODO)
It is our honour to share and celebrate some of the most ancient and traditional beauty and self-care secrets from Japan and all over the world through KODO.
We believe that the 'old way' is something to be cherished. That natural and organic ingredients are effective and can improve your overall well-being.
Somewhere along the way we got lost in science, technology and efficiency when it comes to ingredients and products. What we are now left with is shelves and cupboards filled with cheap ingredients, cheaply made and filled with chemicals.
We believe that there is significance in practicing timeless self-love rituals and it is time for us to return to these great practices.
In 2003 I began studying, blending, creating and teaching workshops on why, and how to integrate and enjoy the benefits of natural and organic products and ingredients into our lives. Now with more than 15 years of practice we are ready to share our beauty secrets and daily rituals with you!
Like all things practiced, I do believe that with time and practice comes wisdom; a deeper understanding. This is one of the reasons why our products are beautiful and effective.
Some things to note about our products and the ingredients that we use:
- we only use natural clays and solar evaporated sea salts from the earth
- we only use organic plant oils, and essential oils that are cold pressed or steam distilled
- we use the freshest ingredients for a longer shelf life and higher anti-oxidant value
- we will never use synthetic fragrances
- we will never use 'natural' oil fragrances that mimic the scent of a natural product
- we do not use chemically derived fillers, thickeners, preservatives, mineral oil/petroleum based oils
- we only test our products on humans
- we register and submit all products to Health Canada to ensure that we meet their approval